VCBR provides recovery, opportunity, and support to residents so they may safely return to their communities.
VCBR will be the model treatment facility of Sexually Violent Predators in the nation.
We believe we can best fulfill our vision and accomplish our mission by demonstrating and living the following values.
- Performing work that is purposeful and fulfilling
- Exemplifying professionalism, ethical, and high moral standards of conduct
- Demonstrating a commitment to the facility's mission
- Being team players and supporting one another
- All people should be treated with dignity and respect
- Individuals served should receive needed services that result in good outcomes
- People should be empowered to make informed choices
- Provide evidence based treatment
- Focus first on the individual being served
- Responsiveness to external stakeholders
- Partnership and Collaboration
- Professionalism, Integrity, and Trust
VCBR Treatment Program
- VCBR has a 99 percent resident participation rate of residents active in treatment. This participation rate far exceeds the participation rate expected at the original construction of VCBR, approximately 30 percent.
- Since inception, 251 individuals have been court-determined to have successfully completed the treatment program at VCBR and have been conditionally released.
- Twenty states allow for the civil commitment of sexually violent predators. VCBR is the only facility in the Commonwealth that provides such service.
- As of a September 2017 study, of the 20 states that allow for civil commitment, VCBR has conditionally released more individuals than any other commitment facility with in the country, a testimony to the rate of success of the treatment program at VCBR.