Visitor InformationFamily, friends, and members of a resident's support system are welcome to visit residents of VCBR.
All visitors must comply with the visitation security procedures and visitation rules. If a visitor displays actions that pose a threat to the security or treatment environment of the facility, the visit may be immediately terminated. In addition, limitations on the visitor's access to the facility or a temporary or permanent restriction from VCBR grounds may be implemented.
Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Tuesday and Thursday 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
The length of the visit will be determined by the activity in the visiting room on each visiting day (i.e., the number of visitors, available space, or staff limitations on that particular day).
Visitor Party Size and Compilation:
A resident may visit with up to four persons at one time.
A visitor may visit no more than one resident per designated visitation time.
Unless specifically authorized by a resident's treatment team, individuals under the age of thirteen years old may not visit a resident.
If a resident is under supervision of a Probation/Parole Officer, the resident is required to obtain approval from the supervising officer prior to visiting with any individual under the age of eighteen.
Visitors may only enter VCBR through the main entrance of the facility.
The identity of each visitor must be verified before security staff will permit the visitor to visit the resident. Each visitor must present a valid picture identification.
Visitors must follow the Visitation Rules and Dress Code.
All visitors will be searched prior to entry to the facility. Failure to comply with search procedures or direction from security staff will result in visitation being denied.
A visitor may be denied access to the facility the visitor:
- Arrives at the facility less than an hour prior to the end of scheduled visitation times
- Is suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Refuses to be searched
- Is found to be in possession of dangerous items such as tobacco, alcohol, weapons, illegal drugs, medications, explosive materials, pornographic materials, cell phones, or cameras. Law Enforcement may also be contacted
- Does not follow the Visitation Rules or Dress Code
- Is a person whose identity cannot be verified
- Is a minor that is not accompanied by an adult
Unless non-contact visitation has been ordered for that resident or visitor; a brief embrace between residents and visitors is permitted at the beginning of the visitation and once again at the conclusion of the visit.
Visitors and residents may hold hands in plain view, on the table.
Security staff shall assign resident and visitor seating.
No food items brought from outside the facility may enter the visitation room. Vending machines are located in the visitation room from which visitors may purchase food or drink items that may be shared with the resident being visited. Residents may not make purchases from the vending machines located in the visitation room.
The visitation room is under video surveillance at all times.
Visitors and residents are expected to follow any requests of staff members monitoring the visitation room. Visitation Rules and Dress Code
Visitors and residents, as applicable, shall comply with the following visitation rules and dress code. Visits may be terminated at the discretion of supervisory staff whenever visitation rules are violated by either the resident or visitor, or the visitor or resident ignores staff instruction.
These rules and visitation hours are subject to change.
- Visitors shall arrive to the facility at least one hour prior to the end of the designated visitation time. Otherwise they shall not be admitted for a visit.
- Each resident shall be permitted a minimum of one hour per designated visitation time with his visitors.
- The overall length of a visit shall be determined by the number of visitors, available space, or staff limitations due to emergency situations on that particular day.
- Visitors less than 18 years old (other than emancipated minors) shall be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or adult authorized to bring them to the visit at all times during the visit.
- Residents shall not have more than one visit each designated visitation time.
- Visitors may visit only one resident per each designated visitation time.
- If a resident or visitor leaves the visitation room for any reason (with the exception of using the restroom), the visit shall be terminated.
- Visitors may bring into the facility up to $20 ($1 bills and coins only) for vending machine purchases during visitation only; however, residents shall not handle the money.
- Visitors shall not bring cameras or voice recording devices into the facility.
- Visitors shall not give cash or other forms of currency to residents.
- Drugs, prescribed or otherwise, are prohibited. Asthma inhalers and other life sustaining medications shall be clearly marked and surrendered to security staff prior to entering the visitation room.
- The facility shall assign seating for residents and visitors.
- With the exception of residents on Non-Contact Visitation, residents shall be permitted to embrace a visitor once at the beginning of the visitation, and again once at the conclusion of the visitation. “Embrace” means a brief kiss and hug.
- No person, regardless of age, is allowed to sit on a resident's lap or have prolonged physical contact with a resident, other than hand holding.
- Physical contact shall be limited to hand holding in plain view on the table.
- Visiting with a resident and/or a visitor at another table in the visitation room is prohibited.
- A minor (other than an emancipated minor) shall remain seated at all times during the visit except to visit the restroom or vending machines and then only if accompanied by the adult who brought the minor to the visit.
- All visits shall be monitored through personal and electronic surveillance.
- Visitation room restrooms are for visitors ONLY.
- Residents shall not share personal items with visitors during visitation unless approval is given by the resident’s treatment team to bring treatment related material to share with a visitor.
- The treatment team may impose restrictions on visitation based on the resident’s behavior and clinical condition.
- Residents may not take personal food items TO or FROM the visitation room. Items purchased from vending machines during visitation shall be consumed or thrown away during visitation.
- Residents may not retrieve items from vending machines.
- Bagged food items may not be passed between residents and visitors. Bagged food items should be placed in view of security staff (i.e., on table) and then may be shared between residents and visitors.
- Contraband shall be confiscated from visitors and residents upon discovery and immediately turned over to the appropriate authorities. Contraband is any item that is forbidden for entry into, possession within or removal from the facility. Contraband is any item in the possession of or accessible to a resident that specifically has not been issued to or authorized for possession by the resident, or has not been obtained in accordance with VCBR operating procedures.
- Shoes are required at all times.
- Clothing that exposes breasts or genitalia is prohibited. The body shall be covered. Hems, slits or splits of dresses, skirts, culottes, shorts, etc., shall not be above the knee.
- Undergarments are required for all adult female and male visitors.
- Halter tops, tank tops, and tube tops are prohibited.
- Clothing with a sexual, gang related, violent or controlled substance message is prohibited.
- Hats and headgear are prohibited, unless religiously oriented or medically necessary.
- Pocketbooks, handbags, wallets, and cell phones are prohibited in the visiting room. Clear plastic clutch bags or clear zip-lock sandwich bags may be used to hold authorized items.